Saturday 15 July 2017

Epilasik Surgery at Eagle Eye Centre

9 months post-surgery update

It's been about 9 months since I've had my epilasik done at Eagle Eye Centre.

Side effects: 
No glare, starburst experienced so far. Night vision is just as good as day. Have no problem driving in the dark.

Dry eyes wise, I have the good and bad days. All the good days, I only need to put in eye drops the moment I wake up, rest of the day I can go without. On the bad days when I feel like my eyes are very dry, there's a slight burning sensation in the eyeball and I would have to apply eye drops every half an hour. I'm still using the vial eye drops most of the time, but I also alternate it with the tears naturale bottle.

Dry eyes is the most obvious when I wake up in the morning. It feels very uncomfortable until I've put eye drops, especially when I sleep without the humidifier.

Vision:
Vision is okay so far. No significant changes but there is still some variation to the degree. On some days I feel like my left can see better than my right, on other days it's the reverse. Vision does get blurry when I use computer or read books (more so when I read), but it 'resets' after sleeping.

There was a period of time in November when my vision in my right eye was damn blur and I was experiencing double vision. Freaked me out a lot. But turns out it was due to high pressure in the eyes. Was put on eye drops and now it's fine alr.

I don't specially take care of my eyes compared to before. Before the surgery, I was telling myself that I wouldn't use phone lying down or in the dark anymore, I'll do eye massages and so on. But it's all gone out the window now.

TL, DR:
Hopefully the vision will stay this way, but I'm really enjoying the freedom from having to wear specs now.

Given the chance though, I might have still gone to Shinagawa instead. It's very hard to get through the hotline for Eagle Eye UNLESS yours is a new business. Tried calling them recently to schedule a eye check but till now have not been able to get through the hotline. And the waiting time is always super long.

No comments:

Post a Comment