Sunday 26 February 2012

Rent a room?

Being a kiasu and procrastinator, I went online to look for rooms around the Clementi area just in case I'm unable to continue staying on campus next Semester, when I should have been studying. So that, you know, I know roughly how much the rates will cost and all.

Anyway, I came across this website that seems really fuss-free.


The layout is very simple-looking, and all you have to do is just select the area that you want the rooms/houses to be in, and you get to see all the listings in the area!

So for my case, I clicked Clementi, and a list of listings came out, arranged in chronological order for easy viewing purposes.


You also get to see the number of times it was viewed to judge how popular that specific listing is. Best of all, you can contact the owner directly so you don't even have to pay extra for agent fee!

The website also has listings for short term rentals, so it'll be good for backpackers and budget travellers who don't want to spend a lot of money on expensive hotels. Because, you know, Singapore hotels are really really expensive.


You can sort them by "most bookings" which I assume are the more popular rooms, and also by "cheapest rental". I chose "cheapest rentals" and this is what came up. I mean, for the price that you pay, this looks pretty decent to me. But of course you can also choose the locations for more central areas so that you can travel around more easily I guess.

House owners can also make use of this website to list their rooms for rents, and it's pretty useful and free-of-charge, which is good.

But one thing that I find quite inconvenient is that, not all house owners list out their contact details, so IF they didn't, you have to actually sign up as a member of the website, before you can proceed with contacting the respective owners. Which is a tad troublesome in my opinion. But oh well, it's free! So no complaints there.

So, if you're looking for a place to stay short-term, or looking for rooms/apartments to rent, or even if you are the one renting the place out, go check out iBilik Singapore! Who knows, it may just help you find your next room or next tenant! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment