Tuesday 11 December 2012

Food Review: Nolboo Hangari Galbi @ Ngee Ann City

Walked past Nolboo Hangari Galbi last night and decided to give it a try. I suppose they are quite famous because according to the paper, they are into their 23rd year of business with over 600+ branches in various parts of the world. 

The prices are quite reasonable for a restaurant in a shopping center. There weren't a lot of people dining in when we were there, but it turned out to be a good thing I feel. The service crew could pay better attention to you, and nobody ordered their BBQ set, so we didn't have to come out reeking of smoke. 



Pumpkin and red bean soup came as a starter. The soup was pleasantly sweet without tasting like it was artificially flavoured. I really liked how refreshing and healthy this tasted. Reminds me of the porridge my grandma cooked for me.


There were a total of six side dishes that came with our main. Two different kinds of kim chi, ikan bilis with peanuts, bean sprouts, eggs, and a dish that I insisted was cucumber but le boyf said was green pumpkin. The side dishes were one of the better ones that I've had, better than Manbok at Tanjong Pagar. My favourite was the eggs with the soya sauce.

I thought I saw on the menu that refills for side dishes were priced at $3 per dish, or $10 per set. But when we asked them, they said it was free, so I might have been mistaken. We refilled the kim chi and the egg. Le boyf also commented that the food was quite authentic.


This was the main that we ordered - bulgogi steam boat. It tasted quite bland at first, but soon became really tasty and sweet when the everything was boiled properly. The bulgogi deserves special mention. Not sure if it was marinated, but it tasted really fantastic. It wasn't too chewy or tough. The portion for the steamboat was quite big as well, I would think it can easily feed two, or even three, people.

The bill came up to about $50 for us.




391 Orchard Road
#05-29 Ngee Ann City
Tel: 67339151
Daily: 11:00 - 22:00


No comments:

Post a Comment