Saturday 7 January 2012

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh

On wednesday we actually had plans to head to Marina Barrage for a picnic, but the whole schedule got messed up since we woke up really really late. So in the we decided to satisfy my BKT craving and then head for a movie instead.

And...

My favourite BKT of all times is Song Fa Bak Kut Teh!


They now have another shop space beside the old one at the cross junction of the main road and the side road. Once you come out from Clarke Quay MRT (the burger king side) you'll see it across the road. The old one is still more popular with customers so it was really crowded compared to the new shop space. But I reckon they taste the same? Since they are the same shop. The new one has air con but you can't really feel it la.

It actually looks more clean and spacious compared to the old shop front. But it somehow lacks the old feel, like this one feels more commercialized and less authentic. But the BKT is still nice la!


 I really like the BKT here because the soup base is just the right amount of spiciness. I went to the one at Outram before but it was too spicy and tasted too much like pepper spam for my liking. The meat also comes off really easily and is not tough at all.

The you tiao wasn't that crispy because I guess its pre-fried, but it didn't really matter because we were drowning it in the soup anyway. The soft dough with all the soup absorbed is just plain happiness. :)

As usual, we ordered their BKTs and you tiao, but because we're short on cash recently we stopped at that. We also ordered two white rice and two water chestnut drink and the bill came to about $20. So far, this is the only BKT place that I like and I always come back here whenever I have BKT cravings!

Do give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment